Today, with the hectic lives we lead, it has become very difficult to spend quality time with family. We are so busy during the week that we hardly have time to talk, share experiences or peaceful moments with our family members. Why not set aside a few days to make up for lost time? here are some ideas for spending a fun family weekend in France !
Nice family weekend in an animal park in France
Children always enjoy visits to the zoo during your vacation in France. But they will love sleeping there even more as a family! We reassure you, the accommodation offers proposed will not make you share the cage of the bears or the enclosure of the crocodiles, but you will be accommodated in cabins or lodges in the heart of the parks.
- In Moselle : The animal park of Sainte-Croix offers 18 lodges nestled in 120 hectares of large preserved natural spaces. You will have the choice between a lodge near the deer, accommodation in the territory of the wolves, a yurt placed in such a way as to make it easier for you to listen to the roar of the deer or a cabin in the trees.
- In the Loir-et-Cher : The Beauval Zoo which has just had the joy of welcoming the birth of baby pandas, invites you to its Indonesian hotel or its pagodas.
- In the Allier: PAL offers you an immersion in Africa thanks to the rental of lodges on stilts in the middle of the savannah. You will be awakened by the gallops and flight of African wildlife.
- In the Sarthe : At Arrow Zooit is from your cabin in the forest that you will be able to observe polar bears, arctic wolves, white tigers or the very amusing lemurs.
- In the Hautes-Pyrenees : From the bay window of your dome at animal park of the Pyrenees, you will have a bird’s eye view of the 2 brown bears living in the animal park. You can even feed the bears in the company of a trainer. Correction : you won’t be feeding the bears!
Fun, cultural and traditional family weekend
There are traditions that are not lost and that your children will certainly enjoy discovering with you during a family weekend. Here are some ideas that will allow you to present French folklore or certain unmissable festive events.
- the nice carnival : This is a unique show in the world which is one of the most famous parties on the Côte d’Azur that you will offer your family. The parade of costumed giants is an unforgettable moment.
- The festival of lights in Lyon : it takes place over 4 days at the beginning of December. With her luminous explosion, she will put sparkles in the eyes of the whole family.
- L’white odyssey in January in the Alps: you will attend one of the biggest dog sled races in France.
- The Lille flea market : advice to budding bargain hunters who will enjoy strolling in early September in the largest clearance sale in Europe.
- Christmas markets in Alsace: There are that of Strasbourgcorn in Colmar, you will make great discoveries too.
Nice and spiritual weekend with the family:
What if, like many pilgrims, you go on a family hike on the Camino de Santiago? During your weekend you can do a few kilometers on this world famous route. It’s a experience that could strengthen family ties and allow you to meet amazing and faith-filled people. All means of transport are allowed: bicycle, donkey, feet, etc.
Nice and unusual weekend with the family:
If you want to spend an unusual family holiday, there are certainly many opportunities near you. Here are some ideas:
- Sleep in a yurt,
- Sleep in a tree house, on the water or in a houseboat.
- Go in a caravan or motorhome.
- Sleep in an igloo in winter.
- Sleep in a shelter.
Nice family weekend in an amusement park:
For a fun family weekend, the amusement park option is a good idea. Of From 7 to 77 years old, everyone will find what they are looking for and will experience magical moments.
Nice family weekend in Europe
A plane ticket, and hop the whole family flies away for an unforgettable and exotic stay. Landing after a few hours in the airport of a European city.
Nice and urban weekend with the family:
Why not take advantage of a family weekend to discover the good surprises that France has in store for us and in particular some of its very “kids friendly” cities.
- Annecy: Nicknamed the Venice of the Alps, Annecy is populated by canals meandering through the old town. As a family, you will discover its castle and can swim in its famous lake in summer. Breath of fresh air at will during your hikes or your getaways!
- Burgundy: Famous for its wine, its gourmet cuisine, its historic center, Bordeaux is a good destination for families. The city, rubs off the “city of art and history” and has no less than 40 parks and public gardens. And of course Vinexpo, the main wine fair in the world, is held there.
- Troyes : Medieval city, also labeled “City of Art and History” has a very special charm. The whole family will find activities to their liking; shopping at the factory outlets, Nigloand and its hedgehogs – see below), museums and plenty of activities at the Lacs de la forêt d’Orient. Located 1h30 from Paris, you can plan to go to the capital during a 3-day weekend.
- Toulouse: With its mild Mediterranean weather, its mix of cultures and nationalities, strong Spanish influence, rich in historical and cultural heritage, Toulouse is a perfect destination for a short family break.
It is obvious that we will not be able to draw up here an exhaustive list of the cities where to spend a nice weekend with the family. So, tell us in the comments which city delighted your tribe ? Also, if you have other cool ideas for a family weekend, don’t hesitate to share them with our community of travelers!
Our (best) Ideas for spending a fun weekend with the family
How do you like France?
I also love visiting Paris with its historic monuments like the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe as well as its popular tourist attractions such as the Louvre Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, and Sacre Coeur Basilica.
What I don’t like is being ripped off by vendors at every tourist spot in Paris. They have such an inflated idea of what everything is worth! When you walk along the Seine River they charge you five Euros to look at boats passing underneath bridges. It’s ridiculous!
What I like about France is the food and wine, the art and architecture, the history and culture. They have a great sense of fashion. But most of all, I love to watch French people just walking down the street or riding a bicycle or sitting in a cafe. They have a kind of joie de vivre (joy of living) that is contagious.
Touring the French countryside is another favorite activity. The fresh air, beautiful views, castles, and vineyards are breathtaking. I can’t help but wonder how it must have been to live during the Renaissance when artists like Leonardo Da Vinci and Michelangelo were creating their masterpieces.